Select an article from below:
- Increasingly health-conscious consumers present new opportunities for superfoods beyond conventional sectors, says Canadean
21 December 2016
Superfoods, typically of high demand in the food, drink and beauty sectors, will soon see a distinct shift towards more diverse categories, driven by increasing health-consciousness, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- New product trends for a New Year: 10 trends to watch in fast-moving consumer goods in 2017
21 December 2016
Ugly is beautiful, cold is hot, and alcohol is healthy: trends from the world of fast-moving consumer goods that reflect the upside-down innovation expected to roil the consumer marketplace in 2017. These are just three of 10 hot new trends GlobalData’s Canadean unit expects to change the course of packaged goods innovation and marketing in the New Year. New products drive the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) world, and the expectation is that 2017 will deliver a bountiful crop of new product innovations. Sustainability, trust, transparency, health, wellness, and tradition, are key themes expected to power new product innovation over the course of the year. Canadean has identified the following 10 trends to watch in fast-moving consumer goods in 2017 that will help shape the year ahead:
- Premium cider on the rise across European markets, says Canadean
15 December 2016
Premium cider brands in West Europe recorded a compound annual growth rate of almost 8% between 2009 and 2015, far exceeding competing price segment categories which all posted declines, says consumer insight firm Canadean.
- ‘Overtourism’ poses threat to housing and environment in several major world cities, says Canadean
14 December 2016
As global tourism grows at an unprecedented rate, with 2016 experiencing an increase in worldwide outbound trips by over 4.1% annually, the problem of ‘overtourism’ is starting to cause concern for a number of authorities within popular tourist destinations, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- Brazil’s meat industry must adapt to financial and health concerns, says Canadean
08 December 2016
The contraction of Brazil’s economy in recent years is driving consumers towards more affordable products, which is reflected in their meat choices, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- Increasingly image-conscious men and baby boomers boosting the beauty market, says Canadean
21 November 2016
Although image-consciousness is a trait traditionally associated with women and young adults, men and older generations are becoming more susceptible to its influence, as their desire to impress peers and colleagues is growing, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- Age-based targeting losing appeal for increasingly dynamic senior consumers, says Canadean
08 November 2016
Traditional techniques used to market products to older consumers – also known as the ‘silver segment’ – are not necessarily relevant or effective today, as the demographic has started to reject outmoded stereotypes associated with aging, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- Today’s rapidly digitizing society holds unique opportunities for beauty brands, says Canadean
03 November 2016
The dynamic nature of today’s digital environment is reshaping the beauty landscape, impacting consumer behavior, beauty rituals, and innovations. These themes will be explored in greater detail during Canadean’s presentation “Targeting consumers in today’s digital era”, which will be delivered at InCosmetics Asia.
- Saudi Arabia to see over 20 million visitors by 2020 as Hajj pilgrimage boosts tourism sector, says Canadean
19 October 2016
Inbound arrivals to Saudi Arabia will reach over 20 million by 2020, as the religious tourism sector flourishes in line with increasing demand to join the annual Hajj pilgrimage, the most important religious event of the year in the Muslim world, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- Adventurous female consumers provide major opportunity for targeted branding, says Canadean
17 October 2016
While men are frequently marketed products promoting strength or an outdoor lifestyle, women tend to be left out of this domain, leaving open an important opportunity for brands to produce female-oriented products with a more “rugged” image, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.
- Canadean Identifies Five Key Trends in Dairy at Dairy Innovation Summit 2016
- UK Sugar Tax May Only Reinforce Mounting Consumer Desire for Low-Calorie Soft Drinks
- Canadean Beer Strategies Conference 2015
- Growth in fragmentation
- Sleep-deprived Americans turn to relaxing food and drinks before bed-time
- A drink for all occasions
- Pushing the boundaries of taste with food fusions
- Brands are playing matchmaker with alcohol and food
- Russian government proposed to add cider and medovukha to list of agricultural products
- Less is more when it comes to packaging
- Global Beverage Forecast 2014
- Beverage Industry Mood Improves in Europe in Q4
- Summer weather has muted impact on Q3 beverage sales
- Global Beverage Outlook to 2018: Emerging Market Ascendency
- China Beverage Industry Outlook and R&D Trends
- Europe Q2 beverage sales suffer as adverse weather exacerbates impact of macroeconomic challenges
- Headwinds Persist for the Beverage Industry in 2013, but Beverage Producers and Retailers Adapting to a ‘New Normal’
- Europe: Marked divergence in East and West Europe commercial beverage performance, as West Europe ends 2012 on another quarterly low
- Europe: Key beverage categories see some upturn in Q3 thanks to the Olympics and better weather, but outlook for the year remains flat
- Beverage Growth Outlook to 2017: Asia predicted to account for 75% of incremental volume growth to 2017
T: +44 161 359 5822