Select an article from below:
- Malt beverage on the rise in MENA and Africa; slowing sales in Latin America
18 February 2015
According to a new Canadean report, the global malt beverage industry expanded by 42% over the past five years, with the Middle East and Africa recording particularly strong growth. While clear malt is the drink of choice in the MENA region and Africa, dark malt is preferred in Latin America where sales have been slowing.
- India’s growing taste for gums and jellies
11 February 2015
Canadean expects the confectionery market in India to grow by 71% in the next four years, as the growing Indian middle-class consumes more gums and jellies and chocolate continues to be high in demand among children.
- Trust is key in growing US meat market
04 February 2015
The huge meat market in the US is projected to grow steadily over the next years, driven by the increasing popularity of private label and frozen meat products. However, new brands must establish themselves as being trustworthy and reliable, finds new report by Canadean.
- New ingredients shape future of ready meals market
29 January 2015
More consumers are feeling time-scarce and view cooking as a chore, turning to convenient ready meals to free up more time for themselves. But to survive in an increasingly health-conscious society, ready meal manufacturers must innovate with new ingredients and premium products.
- UK consumers hesitant to try new alcoholic drinks
21 January 2015
A new Canadean report finds that eight out of ten consumers who drink alcohol out of their homes rarely or never try new alcoholic drinks. This is concerning as substantial investment is made in developing and marketing new products. However, exciting flavours and seasonal offerings will keep the market from stagnating.
- Protein: Turning from a fad to a trend
19 January 2015
A new Canadean report finds that half of UK consumers are now aware of the health benefits of protein, presenting an expanding opportunity for protein enriched food and drinks.
- Russia’s economic downturn leads to rise of group buying websites
15 January 2015
Russia’s economic instability leads to consumers being more careful about their expenses. However, they still want to treat themselves, pushing group buying sites such as Groupon or Biglion.ru in the spotlight, argues Veronika Zhupanova, analyst at Canadean.
- Craft and fusion are next steps for cider brands
13 January 2015
While the cider market has undergone a revolution over the last two decades, consumers still see cider as a beverage they only turn to occasionally. Manufacturers need to do more to enhance the appeal of cider in the UK – and craft production and sensory fusion is the way to success.
- Adding value to sugar: Exciting flavours and product innovation
09 January 2015
When buying sugar the majority of hot drinks consumers are vastly motivated by price. To avoid a race to the bottom, manufacturers need to come up with new ways to add value, such as flavoured sugar and sugar on wands.
- New Year resolution: Over a third of the UK want to eat more healthily
05 January 2015
New research from Canadean shows that over a third of consumers make resolutions to eat and drink more healthily in 2015. Healthy eating is the number one resolution for consumers in the UK, above saving money and cutting stress. Especially women and those aged 18 to 34 will fuel demand for healthy ingredients and lighter foods.
- Pushing the boundaries of taste with food fusions
- Brands are playing matchmaker with alcohol and food
- Russian government proposed to add cider and medovukha to list of agricultural products
- Less is more when it comes to packaging
- The hypermarket hype is over
- Ball Packaging Europe
- Consumer Confidence
- Rise of the discounters
- The African Beer Market
- Supply chains and trust
- Global Beverage Forecast 2014
- Beverage Industry Mood Improves in Europe in Q4
- Summer weather has muted impact on Q3 beverage sales
- Global Beverage Outlook to 2018: Emerging Market Ascendency
- China Beverage Industry Outlook and R&D Trends
- Europe Q2 beverage sales suffer as adverse weather exacerbates impact of macroeconomic challenges
- Headwinds Persist for the Beverage Industry in 2013, but Beverage Producers and Retailers Adapting to a ‘New Normal’
- Europe: Marked divergence in East and West Europe commercial beverage performance, as West Europe ends 2012 on another quarterly low
- Europe: Key beverage categories see some upturn in Q3 thanks to the Olympics and better weather, but outlook for the year remains flat
- Beverage Growth Outlook to 2017: Asia predicted to account for 75% of incremental volume growth to 2017
T: +44(0) 20 7936 6833