Select an article from below:
- Black Friday: 30% of UK consumers believe it's a good idea
18 December 2014
In the aftermath of the Black Friday sales, widespread criticism about the erratic shopping behaviour of consumers on the hunt for ‘killer-bargains’ emerged. However, a new Canadean survey finds that UK shoppers have a less negative view on Black Friday than one might think.
- Jam, honey and chocolate spreads stick well with UK consumers
17 December 2014
The UK syrups and spreads market is dominated by jam and honey spreads. However, chocolate spreads are expected to gather pace, growing by 35% up to 2018, finds new report from Canadean.
- ‘Right-for-me’ make-up will see growing demand in Spain
10 December 2014
In the declining Spanish make-up market, products which promote the opportunity to alter looks and convey a desired image give manufacturers the chance to make a stand.
- Canadean’s top trends for 2015
08 December 2014
As the end of 2014 draws near, Canadean forecasts the top trends which will influence consumer behaviour in 2015, and provides an insight into how manufacturers and marketers can target these evolving consumer needs to drive sales over the next year.
- UK consumers still not ready for male make-up
04 December 2014
Despite a growing acceptance of metrosexuality, nearly 93% of male and female consumers think that men should not wear make-up. When men do use make-up, they seek discreet options that provide them with functional benefits, such as masking skin impurities, and are not overly concerned about beauty.
- Brazilians seek beauty in body creams with the right story
03 December 2014
The desire for beauty is one of the main drivers of the skincare market in Brazil. However, as consumers are not able to evaluate the effectiveness of a product straight away, manufacturers need to make a bigger effort to appeal to them.
- The evolution of the Indian spice market in the face of global trends
27 November 2014
As spice is such an essential ingredient across Indian cuisine, emerging trends and new developments are often overlooked in a market that initially seems saturated. However, Canadean's analysis of the market and consumer insights highlights the changing needs of consumers on a global scale – and how the demand for spice is changing beyond traditional offerings in India.
- German men seek skincare to defy signs of aging
25 November 2014
In the traditionally female-oriented skincare market, it is men who present a highly attractive opportunity in Germany, finds new report by Canadean.
- Targeting mid-lifers with sustainable chocolate
25 November 2014
According to Canadean, consumers are not concern about natural production; however, manufacturers can tap into the chocolate market by correctly labelling the products and promoting them as an indulgent treat with natural ingredients and sustainable production methods.
- Premium olive oil preferred choice for older consumers in UK
20 November 2014
The market for olive oil is the fastest growing in the oil and fats market in the UK, and has the potential to appeal to those aged 55 and over due to its age-aligned benefits, Canadean reports.
- Global Beverage Forecast 2014
- Beverage Industry Mood Improves in Europe in Q4
- Summer weather has muted impact on Q3 beverage sales
- Global Beverage Outlook to 2018: Emerging Market Ascendency
- China Beverage Industry Outlook and R&D Trends
- Europe Q2 beverage sales suffer as adverse weather exacerbates impact of macroeconomic challenges
- Headwinds Persist for the Beverage Industry in 2013, but Beverage Producers and Retailers Adapting to a ‘New Normal’
- Europe: Marked divergence in East and West Europe commercial beverage performance, as West Europe ends 2012 on another quarterly low
- Europe: Key beverage categories see some upturn in Q3 thanks to the Olympics and better weather, but outlook for the year remains flat
- Beverage Growth Outlook to 2017: Asia predicted to account for 75% of incremental volume growth to 2017
T: +44(0) 20 7936 6833