Select an article from below:
- Discounters need to invest in online grocery shopping
20 March 2015
Online shopping is now at the point where it is a cost-effective way for discounters to target convenience-driven shoppers. However, low-cost online shopping will also be their greatest threat, as Amazon will make its presence felt in the groceries market over the next five years, finds Canadean.
- 2015 beverage outlook cautiously optimistic for Western Europe
18 March 2015
Canadean estimates beverage consumption in Western Europe to increase by 0.2% in 2015, as lower inflation in key markets will lead to consumers spending more of their disposal income on refreshment.
- India’s economic rise: Larger share of growing middle class travels overseas
16 March 2015
A new report by Canadean finds that a growing proportion of the middle class in India travels overseas, with Thailand remaining the preferred hot spot for leisure tourism, while the US is rising in popularity as more Indians come to the States to visit family.
- Stressed consumers look for ‘feel-good’ products
13 March 2015
An increasing number of UK consumers are suffering from stress, sleep deprivation and a lack of energy. In 2015, Britons are vowing to improve their work/life balance, reduce feelings of stress and spend more time with family and friends. According to Canadean, food and drink manufacturers that help them achieve this goal will do well this year.
- Canadean rates potential of 60 major tourism markets
09 March 2015
According to Canadean’s Tourism Potential Index, Singapore is the only country that holds a five star rating, Iceland will see the fastest growth in terms of international arrivals and Brazil’s tourism industry will grow steadily despite low tourism potential.
- Africa to become fastest growing beer market in the world by 2017
04 March 2015
A new report by Canadean expects more Africans to enter the beer market from the home brew sector, while commercial beer and premium brands forge ahead in the exploding African beer market.
- Malt beverage on the rise in MENA and Africa; slowing sales in Latin America
18 February 2015
According to a new Canadean report, the global malt beverage industry expanded by 42% over the past five years, with the Middle East and Africa recording particularly strong growth. While clear malt is the drink of choice in the MENA region and Africa, dark malt is preferred in Latin America where sales have been slowing.
- India’s growing taste for gums and jellies
11 February 2015
Canadean expects the confectionery market in India to grow by 71% in the next four years, as the growing Indian middle-class consumes more gums and jellies and chocolate continues to be high in demand among children.
- Trust is key in growing US meat market
04 February 2015
The huge meat market in the US is projected to grow steadily over the next years, driven by the increasing popularity of private label and frozen meat products. However, new brands must establish themselves as being trustworthy and reliable, finds new report by Canadean.
- New ingredients shape future of ready meals market
29 January 2015
More consumers are feeling time-scarce and view cooking as a chore, turning to convenient ready meals to free up more time for themselves. But to survive in an increasingly health-conscious society, ready meal manufacturers must innovate with new ingredients and premium products.
- Pushing the boundaries of taste with food fusions
- Brands are playing matchmaker with alcohol and food
- Russian government proposed to add cider and medovukha to list of agricultural products
- Less is more when it comes to packaging
- The hypermarket hype is over
- Ball Packaging Europe
- Consumer Confidence
- Rise of the discounters
- The African Beer Market
- Supply chains and trust
- Global Beverage Forecast 2014
- Beverage Industry Mood Improves in Europe in Q4
- Summer weather has muted impact on Q3 beverage sales
- Global Beverage Outlook to 2018: Emerging Market Ascendency
- China Beverage Industry Outlook and R&D Trends
- Europe Q2 beverage sales suffer as adverse weather exacerbates impact of macroeconomic challenges
- Headwinds Persist for the Beverage Industry in 2013, but Beverage Producers and Retailers Adapting to a ‘New Normal’
- Europe: Marked divergence in East and West Europe commercial beverage performance, as West Europe ends 2012 on another quarterly low
- Europe: Key beverage categories see some upturn in Q3 thanks to the Olympics and better weather, but outlook for the year remains flat
- Beverage Growth Outlook to 2017: Asia predicted to account for 75% of incremental volume growth to 2017
T: +44(0) 20 7936 6833