Select an article from below:
- Value-conscious Germans can be targeted with decadent bakery & cereals products
26 August 2015
While the German economy is growing, value-conscious German consumers are still on the lookout for the best deals in bakery & cereals. To avoid price wars and encourage consumers to trade-up, manufacturers need to more effectively meet consumers’ desire to treat themselves.
- Carbonates consumption to hit 1 billion litres in Vietnam this year
25 August 2015
Consumers may be curbing their intake of carbonated drinks in many markets, but in Vietnam, soft drinks consumption looks set to break the 1 billion litres barrier in 2015, finds a new report by Canadean.
- Tea still most consumed hot drink in China; but coffee making inroads
17 August 2015
Drinking tea has a long history in China and while the hot brew is still the most popular drink in the country, a new report from Canadean finds that coffee is expanding its market share rapidly.
- Celebrity endorsements an important factor when consumers choose personal care product
12 August 2015
According to a global survey conducted by Canadean, three out of ten consumers in Asia-Pacific (27%) and the Middle East and Africa (30%) find it either important or very important that a personal care product is endorsed by a celebrity. This comes from a strong interest in celebrity culture and the latest fashions and styles in these two regions.
- How acts of terrorism affect top tourism destinations
05 August 2015
In a new Expert Insight piece, Gillian Kennedy, analyst at Canadean, looks at the effect terrorism has on some of the world’s top destinations, including Tunisia, Egypt and Paris.
- Flexible food packaging to reach 800 billion pack units globally by end of decade
03 August 2015
The global flexible food packaging market* is set to reach close to 800 billion pack units in 2018, as consumers start to favour innovative products such as pouches over traditional glass, paper and metal packaging.
- Mixed flavour juice growing by 100 million litres in troubled global juice market
29 July 2015
A new report by Canadean reveals that global sales of mixed flavour, HPP and cold-press products are increasing in an otherwise declining juice* market, due to growing health awareness among Western consumers and the exploding demand for juice in emerging markets.
- Egyptian duty paid cigarettes market in decline as consumers turn to cheap contraband
20 July 2015
The Egyptian cigarettes market has been contracting by over 10% since 2008, as consumers turn to cheap contraband cigarettes due to high prices for duty paid cigarettes caused by the political turmoil in 2011.
- Savvy shoppers taking pride in finding private label bargains in the personal care aisle
16 July 2015
Two thirds of consumers globally say price is an important factor when choosing a personal care product. While private label already caters to this need, manufacturers should also offer good value and promote their products through beauty and lifestyle bloggers.
- Top 5 cheese brands hold less than 10% of global market
09 July 2015
The global cheese market is growing strongly, driven by emerging countries such as Brazil, where cheese consumption is expected to triple in less than a decade. However, the top five global brands hold less than 10% of the market.
- Growth in fragmentation
- Sleep-deprived Americans turn to relaxing food and drinks before bed-time
- A drink for all occasions
- Pushing the boundaries of taste with food fusions
- Brands are playing matchmaker with alcohol and food
- Russian government proposed to add cider and medovukha to list of agricultural products
- Less is more when it comes to packaging
- The hypermarket hype is over
- Ball Packaging Europe
- Consumer Confidence
- Global Beverage Forecast 2014
- Beverage Industry Mood Improves in Europe in Q4
- Summer weather has muted impact on Q3 beverage sales
- Global Beverage Outlook to 2018: Emerging Market Ascendency
- China Beverage Industry Outlook and R&D Trends
- Europe Q2 beverage sales suffer as adverse weather exacerbates impact of macroeconomic challenges
- Headwinds Persist for the Beverage Industry in 2013, but Beverage Producers and Retailers Adapting to a ‘New Normal’
- Europe: Marked divergence in East and West Europe commercial beverage performance, as West Europe ends 2012 on another quarterly low
- Europe: Key beverage categories see some upturn in Q3 thanks to the Olympics and better weather, but outlook for the year remains flat
- Beverage Growth Outlook to 2017: Asia predicted to account for 75% of incremental volume growth to 2017
T: +44(0) 20 7936 6833