Select an article from below:
- Spanish brands compete with private label through aggressive pricing
11 May 2015
Private label growth in Spain is set to slow down as branded manufactures respond with aggressive pricing and promotional strategies. Canadean investigates how store own brands can make their products stand out on the shelf.
- The ‘Big Night In’ in Poland: Dining in on a budget with family and friends
07 May 2015
A new Canadean survey shows that Polish consumers enjoy eating out, but are feeling financially challenged. Thus, many consumers opt for the ‘Big Night In’ to socialise with family and friends instead of going out – a trend that looks like a win-win situation for retailers and manufacturers alike.
- Young Chinese under immense pressure to look good and succeed in life
05 May 2015
Younger adults in China are under more pressure than ever to be successful and look good, taking more drastic steps to try and achieve the desired image. According to Canadean, industry players should take a more holistic approach towards what constitutes beauty and avoid perpetuating stereotypes.
- Shorter lunch breaks in Ireland present opportunity for FMCG
29 April 2015
Shorter lunch times mean that one out of five Irish consumers skip on lunch almost every day, finds a new global consumer survey by Canadean. However, this presents a great opportunity for FMCG companies which need to bring convenient, tasty and comforting lunch options to the table.
- Global packaged water consumption to overtake carbonates in 2015
21 April 2015
Historically carbonates have led global soft drinks consumption, but according to Canadean’s latest forecasts, 2015 will see packaged water overtake carbonates.
- Two in five consumers want to improve bone health with calcium and vitamin D enriched products
15 April 2015
Two in five British consumers want to improve their bone health, presenting ample opportunity for brands to help prevent or manage this rapidly growing health concern. However, there is still work to be done in convincing consumers of all ages about the importance of calcium and vitamin D.
- Peruvians looking to combat obesity issues
14 April 2015
A Canadean survey shows that nine out of ten Peruvians want to improve their waistline over the next 12 months, while almost half plan to eat smaller portion sizes. However, consumers in Peru are still struggling to maintain a healthy diet, posing a challenge to food and beverage manufacturers.
- Could tea thaw the frosty Russian drinks market?
10 April 2015
Due to persistent international tensions and the rising cost of raw materials, the drinks market in Russia is forecast to suffer a decline in 2015. However, the hot drinks market presents an opportunity, finds new report by Canadean.
- Discounters need to invest in online grocery shopping
20 March 2015
Online shopping is now at the point where it is a cost-effective way for discounters to target convenience-driven shoppers. However, low-cost online shopping will also be their greatest threat, as Amazon will make its presence felt in the groceries market over the next five years, finds Canadean.
- 2015 beverage outlook cautiously optimistic for Western Europe
18 March 2015
Canadean estimates beverage consumption in Western Europe to increase by 0.2% in 2015, as lower inflation in key markets will lead to consumers spending more of their disposal income on refreshment.
- Sleep-deprived Americans turn to relaxing food and drinks before bed-time
- A drink for all occasions
- Pushing the boundaries of taste with food fusions
- Brands are playing matchmaker with alcohol and food
- Russian government proposed to add cider and medovukha to list of agricultural products
- Less is more when it comes to packaging
- The hypermarket hype is over
- Ball Packaging Europe
- Consumer Confidence
- Rise of the discounters
- Global Beverage Forecast 2014
- Beverage Industry Mood Improves in Europe in Q4
- Summer weather has muted impact on Q3 beverage sales
- Global Beverage Outlook to 2018: Emerging Market Ascendency
- China Beverage Industry Outlook and R&D Trends
- Europe Q2 beverage sales suffer as adverse weather exacerbates impact of macroeconomic challenges
- Headwinds Persist for the Beverage Industry in 2013, but Beverage Producers and Retailers Adapting to a ‘New Normal’
- Europe: Marked divergence in East and West Europe commercial beverage performance, as West Europe ends 2012 on another quarterly low
- Europe: Key beverage categories see some upturn in Q3 thanks to the Olympics and better weather, but outlook for the year remains flat
- Beverage Growth Outlook to 2017: Asia predicted to account for 75% of incremental volume growth to 2017
T: +44(0) 20 7936 6833