Latest from Canadean
Select an update from below:
- The UK cannot sleep at night as we worry about health and bills
28 July 2014
As stress and sleep issues are becoming a common concern among UK consumers, many are in need for stress relieving and sleep enhancing products. According to Canadean, this development presents a great market opportunity for FMCG companies.
- Most consumers not concerned about halal meat
25 July 2014
A new survey from Canadean finds that while the majority (52%) of UK consumers are not concerned about the consumption of halal meat, a third of adults deliberately avoid halal meat certified products, primarily because of animal welfare concerns.
- Women over 45 want personalised skincare products
24 July 2014
In the saturated 45+ cosmetics market, women have difficulties finding tailored skincare products among the vast selection of anti-aging cosmetics. Instead of introducing just another magic cure for wrinkles, brands should offer unique and personalised shopping experiences.
- Busy Italians consider ice cream as a relaxation therapy
22 July 2014
According to a new report from Canadean, Italian consumers are looking to the creamy texture of ice cream to help relax and unwind after a busy day at the office.
- Russia’s older population seek for dairy out of habit rather than health reasons
21 July 2014
Dairy products are a part of traditional food in Russia and have deep roots in consumption patterns, with products such as milk, kefir, sour cream, and cottage cheese being regular part of the diet, says a new report from Canadean.
- Are insects the superfood of the future?
18 July 2014
Insects are being touted as the healthy, sustainable food source of the future, but will consumers be willing to dine on bugs? Canadean asked 2000 UK consumers.
- Amending trademark rights in Russia will open doors for smaller food manufacturers
16 July 2014
The Federation Council in Russia is set to amend the Civil Code to grant the equal rights to manufacturers who wish to use product images on their packaging. This will not only create wider opportunities for new brands, but will cause a shift in market trends among Russian consumers, claims a research firm Canadean.
- Japanese cosmetics brand launches beauty salon store for kids
15 July 2014
Shiseido Japan are investing in beauty salons for children, opening a store for their youngest consumers this month in Hyogo followed by another in Tokyo in October.
- Barista-style machine makes tea exciting again
15 July 2014
Sharp’s tea espresso machine makes tea exciting again, while also attracting health-seeking consumers, who spent over US $3.5 billion in the search for healthy tea in 2013.
- Spain’s older consumers favour indulgent and luxurious confectionery
14 July 2014
Manufacturers need to switch to premium products, as mature consumers are increasingly health-conscious and save confectionery for the occasional treat, finds news report from Canadean.