Market Researchers and Research Consultants
We are now recruiting for market researchers and research consultants worldwide, but are particularly interested to hear from individuals located in Belarus, Canada, Morocco, Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey and Venezuela.
We welcome applications from those with knowledge of research and experience of the beverage industry.
We welcome applications from Market Researchers and Research Consultants worldwide with knowledge of research and experience of the beverage industry to support the continuing expansion and development of our Global Research team. We are keen to hear from experienced freelance researchers.
- Report to Regional Research Manager (RRM) or Research Director
- Prepare multi-client annual & quarterly market reports on Soft Drinks, Beer, Packaging, Wines & Spirits, Dairy & Hot Beverages and allied industries
- Research and deliver customised single client reports where required.
- To monitor industry trends & developments through desk & field research
- To carry out industry meetings (with beverage companies, supplier companies and other industry organisations)
- To collect, analyse and report consumption and production data on brands, companies, flavors, packaging, distribution and pricing
- To provide written insight into industry trends & developments (in English)
- To work closely with our Research, Edit, Project & Sales Teams
- Monitor company, industry & general information sources (including web sites) to keep up to date with latest developments in the beverage industry and its related value chain.
- Regularly monitor beverage products sale, packaging & pricing in a variety of relevant retail and on-premise (“away from home” ) channels.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with contacts in the beverage & other industries to obtain accurate market data and insights.
- Maintain a list of industry contacts & data sources and submit this to Canadean HQ personnel as and when required.
- Liaise regularly with RRM/Research Director as required on all aspects of research activities
- Carry out regular in-depth face to face & telephone interviews (with key manufacturers, industry suppliers & other industry organisations) to obtain company data and market insights
- Collect, analyse and submit fully reconciled and up-to-date data (including forecasts) on beverage production, sales & consumption trends in pre-defined data templates
- Provide written insights (in English) into category, company & channel trends & developments
- Maintain & update profiles (in English) of leading beverage companies at regular intervals.
- Submit complete reports to specification on or before delivery dates specified.
- Liaise with Edit & Projects teams to promptly answer queries & update current & historical data or commentary where needed to complete a report or project on time.
- Prepare and make industry presentations and attend meetings with Canadean clients as/when required by Canadean.
- Respond to queries or enquiries from Canadean clients or Canadean Sales & Marketing throughout the year as promptly and thoroughly as possible.
- Submit sales leads & enquiries for potential report or project sales to Canadean’s Sales & Marketing team
- Provide assistance & guidance to Canadean’s Sales & Marketing staff and other senior executives when they are visiting the country /countries for which the Research Consultant is responsible.
- Maintain and protect at all times the confidentiality of Canadean’s data and reports.
- Market research skills, specifically: gathering, management & analysis of data, structured interviewing techniques, competitive analysis and business-to-business research expertise
- Ability to build a h2 network and good working relationships with senior executives in the beverage industry & its associated value chain
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating as required with members of Canadean’s head office and regional Research & Sales teams
- Fluency in spoken and written English as well as the native language spoken in the country of research
- Good skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email & Internet
- Ability to explain numbers & research methodology
- Ability to plan & maintain schedules and work to strict deadlines
- A single annual contract covering one or more individual projects (most of these are continuous annual and/or quarterly reports) with additions to contract for extra projects
- OR Employee status where applicable within Canadean: basic monthly salary plus commission on sales of reports, data or services
- Regular payments including expenses where appropriate
- Opportunity to earn commission on sales of reports, data or projects
- Full programme of induction & training
- Full instructions, templates & research tools
- Regional Consultant meetings
- Regular performance evaluation & feedback
- Support of Regional Research Manager & Head Office Project Management and Business Intelligence Centre
If you are interested email your CV with a covering letter to:
Andrea Jenn, Research Resourcing Manager
Canadean, 4th Floor Northern Cross, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hants, RG21 4EB, United Kingdom