Market Research Consultant, Venezuela
Canadean is a specialist research agency and the benchmark for global market intelligence, especially in food, beverages and packaging, helping our clients around the world make better decisions for their businesses.
We are currently looking for freelance Market Researchers based in Venezuela, with business-to-business research and knowledge of food and beverage industries to work on ad hoc projects and support the continuing expansion and development of our Global Research team.
Suitable for Candidates with economics, marketing, statistics and business studies.
- Monitor company, industry & general information sources (including websites) to keep up to date with latest developments in the industry
- Regularly monitor product sales, packaging & pricing in a variety of relevant retail and on-premise (“away from home” ) channels
- Maintain a list of industry contacts & data sources and submit this to Canadean HQ personnel as and when required
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with contacts in food & beverage, packaging & supplier industries
- Carry out regular in-depth face to face & telephone interviews (with key manufacturers, industry suppliers & other industry organisations) to obtain company data and market insights
- Collect, analyse and submit fully reconciled and up-to-date data (including estimates and forecasts) on production, sales & consumption trends
- Provide written insights (in English) into category, company & channel trends & developments
- Liaise with Edit & Projects teams to promptly answer queries
- Prepare and make industry presentations and attend meetings with clients
- Market research skills, specifically: gathering, management & analysis of data, structured interviewing techniques, competitive analysis and business-to-business research expertise
- Ability to build a strong network and good working relationships with senior executives in the beverage industry & its associated value chain
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating as required with members of Canadean’s head office and regional Research & Sales teams
- Complete fluency in spoken and written English is a must, native speaker Spanish.
- Based in Caracas.
- Good research, analytical, presentation and writing skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email & Internet
- Ability to explain numbers & research methodology
- Ability to plan & maintain schedules and work to strict deadlines
- A contract covering one or more individual projects (many of these are continuous annual and/or quarterly studies) with additions to contract for extra projects
- Opportunity to earn commission on sales of reports, data or projects
- Full programme of induction & training
- Support of Regional Research Manager & head office project management
- Dynamic, international environment
- Exciting, innovative and constantly evolving industry
If you are interested please email your CV with a covering letter, both in English, to:
Andrea Jenn, Research Resourcing Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org