Freelance Market Research Consultant, Turkey
Canadean is a specialist research agency and the benchmark for global market intelligence, in beverages and packaging in particular, helping our worldwide client base make better decisions for their businesses. In the past few years Canadean has started working in non-beverage categories as well.
We are currently looking for an Istanbul based freelance Market Researcher with experience of business-to-business market research, investigative reporting and/or knowledge of the food & beverage industries to work on continuous and ad-hoc projects and support the continuing expansion of our business.
- Build close collaborative professional relationships with respondents at management level in the beverage, packaging & other supplier industries
- Carry out successfully regular in-depth face-to-face & telephone interviews with manufacturers, brand owners, industry suppliers & trade bodies in order to obtain company data and market insights
- Collect, integrate and analyse all raw information obtained in the field and then submit fully reconciled and up-to-date numerical data (including estimates and forecasts) on production & consumption volumes and trends
- Provide written insights (in English) into category, company, segment, channel trends & developments
- Liaise with Edit & Projects teams to promptly answer queries
- Prepare and make industry presentations and defend views in meetings with clients
- Monitor a wide array of secondary sources, including company, industry & general business sources to keep up to date with latest developments in the industry and business in general
- Regularly monitor product sales, packaging & pricing in a variety of relevant retail and on-premise channel outlets
- Always maintain an up-to-date list of industry contacts & data sources as well as detailed interview notes available for Canadean HQ personnel
- Ability to maintain a strong network of contacts and good working relationships with senior executives in the beverage and allied industries
- Market research skills, specifically: semi-structured face-to-face executive interviewing techniques; data analysis, reconciliation and integration of conflicting data from various types of sources, competitive analysis, B2B research and business intelligence expertise
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating as required with members of Canadean’s head office and regional Research & Sales teams
- Complete fluency in spoken and written English is a must, native speaker Turkish.
- Good research, analytical, presentation and writing skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email & Internet. Good understanding of the role of marketing and research in business planning and development
- Ability to explain numbers & research methodology, to plan & maintain schedules and work to strict deadlines
- A rolling annual contract covering several projects with possible additions for more projects / markets.
- Opportunity to earn additional commission on leads and/or sales of reports, data or projects.
Induction, training and support from Regional Research Manager & Project management team.
Please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Find out more/apply