How we help our ingredients clients
Canadean’s Ingredients team has developed unique tools to support strategic planning and NPD functions by tracking innovation constraints and opportunities, with a focus on market trends for functional ingredients.
The proprietary benchmarking system for functional ingredients provides our clients with a strategic knowledge and insight tool for innovation and business development. Analyzing consumer product consumption together with Canadean’s proprietary de-formulation models provides insight into actual consumption trends across all types of food grade ingredients.
Typical client questions and challenges that we address:
- How do omega fat ingredients differ in composition and health benefit?
- What ingredients are available for heart healthy formulations and what documentation status do they have?
- Which non-caloric sweeteners are available in the market and what is their regulatory status?
- What is the level of the glucuronolactose or anthocyanin consumption within the Soft Drinks categories?
- What is the current consumption of Carotenes, Riboflavin, Sunset Yellow or Tartrazine in the soft drinks industry?
Our solutions include:
- Ingredient profiles by manufacturer
- Benchmarking of ingredients by technology and commercial parameters
- Identifying diverse ingredients offering similar consumer benefits
- Analysis of ingredient consumptions within soft drinks by geography and categories
- Analysis of ingredient use by product category, or brand