How we help our ingredients clients
Canadean’s Ingredients team has developed unique tools to support strategic planning and NPD functions, by tracking innovation constraints and opportunities, with a focus on market trends for functional ingredients.
The proprietary benchmarking system for functional ingredients provides our clients with a strategic knowledge and insight tool for innovation and business development. Analysing consumer product consumption together with Canadean’s proprietary de-formulation models provides insight into actual consumption trends across all types of food grade ingredients.
Typical client questions and challenges that we address:
- How do omega lipid ingredients differ in composition and health benefit?
- What ingredients are available for heart healthy formulations and how to use them?
- Which sugar reduction options are available and what is their legal status?
- What is the level of Glucuronolactone or HMP consumption in key soft drinks categories?
- What is the current use of Carotenes, Riboflavin, Sunset Yellow or Tartrazine in the beverage industry?
Our solutions include:
- Ingredient profiles by manufacturer
- Benchmarking of functional ingredients by technology and commercial parameters
- Identifying diverse ingredients offering similar consumer benefits
- Analysis of ingredient consumption by geography, at a granular level
- Analysis of ingredient use by product category – or brand