Value Chain Analysis
The client, a leading international supplier of aluminium to the cosmetics packaging market in Europe and North America, wished to gain a thorough understanding of the value chain within the European cosmetic packaging sector with particular emphasis on aluminum container bodies, closures and other applications.
Approach and delivery
By undertaking a detailed series of interviews throughout the cosmetics packaging supply chain - from materials supply, through packaging conversion, to the major cosmetic houses, designers, contract fillers, distributors and retailers - we were able to determine at each level in the value chain:
- Key market trends, drivers and issues
- Costs and margin structures
- Factors and issues affecting the choice of packaging material
- The relationship between the choice of packaging material and the brand
- Key decision-makers who influence the choice of packaging material
- Future market needs in terms of new product development, quality and service, and new applications and packaging materials
Impact and benefits
Our client used the unique vertical market knowledge derived from this project to develop a new tactical marketing program aimed at targeting and influencing the choice of the key packaging decision-makers throughout the supply chain.